Japan’s Kyodo News Service reports that former Toyota executive Julie Hamp will be released from custody. She was arrested last month for allegedly violating Japan’s regulations for trying to import oxycodone, a pain medication. Various news reports say prosecutors lacked enough evidence to move forward with the case.
The top five cities where American made cars are preferred is topped by, no surprise, Detroit. CarGurus.com said Oklahoma City was second followed closely by St. Louis, Indianapolis and Pittsburgh. On the other side of the coin, Seattle was the city where domestic brands, read that GM, Ford, and Chrysler, were least favored followed by Los Angeles and New York. Do you see a regional pattern here?
Ford says more than 1,500 teens will attend free camps across six states where they will learn important safe driving trips that are not taught in driver’s ed classes – Such things as how to handle a vehicle on slippery pavement or react to a deer or other animal in their path.
Here is the schedule, and I hope you can send your teen driver to one of these camps.
- July 7-8, Fargo, North Dakota
- July 11-12, Omaha, Nebraska
- July 15-16, Des Moines, Iowa
- July 18-19, Madison, Wisconsin
- July 25-26, Sioux Falls, South Dakota
- Aug. 6-7, Cheyenne, Wyoming
- Say hello to “Active Phone Cooling” designed to keep your smartphone cool during the hot summer months. Overheating can cause the phone to shut down when being recharged, or slow processing speeds, and limit battery life, Chevy said. So the 2016 Malibu and Impala can be had with an air vent that will blow air conditioned air into the bin where the smartphone is placed. The feature will also be available on the Volt and Cruze models.